|Want more sizes? Need Help Buying the Perfect Bike? Call us 800-997-2858.
||FREE Shipping 48 States
After all images have loaded, click on any image to enlarge, or right click to open in new tab with magnifier.
The Dawes Lightning Sport
Handbuilt advanced engineered and lightweight Altair 1 aluminum compact frame. The drivetrain has 14 speeds, giving you a full range of gears without the budget biting price.
Versatile Comfort and Performance
The Dawes Lightning Sport can be set up for a comfortable upright position. Want to get more serious? Turn a few bolts and you have a lower position and a competitive racing machine while still having the low gears you need to flatten most any hill or mountain pass and headwind.
The new, improved frame design fits more comfortable, wider tires. Well equipped with 700 x 28 tires, wider tires are more effective at killing road buzz and discomfort. (For even more comfort and durability, you can easily use your own wider tires up to 700x32)
Only from BikeShopWarehouse.com
Dawes revolutionary fit system - choose the bike size that fits your height, then simply adjust the stem and seat height to your liking and ride happy.
42c has a standover height of 28" & fits most riders 4'11" to 5'3"
46c has a standover height of 30" fits most riders 5'4" to 5'6"
50c has a standover height of 32" fits most riders 5'7" to 5'9"
54c has a standover height of 32.5" fits most riders 5'10" to 6'
58c has a standover height of 33.5" fits most riders 6'1" to 6'3"
- Main Frame: Precision Handmade Dawes Altair 1 Compact Aluminum w/ Traditional Round DownTube, Double Water Bottle Mounts
- Rear Triangle: Dawes Altair 1 Aluminum Curved SeatStay w/ Rack Mount, Dawes Forged Road Dropout w/ Replaceable Derailleur Hanger
- Fork: Dawes 1in Steerer, Custom Straight Bladed Steel, Aero Road
- Crank Set: ProWheel Forged 39/50 w/ Chainguard
- Bottom Bracket: Semi Cartridge Bearing ST
- Pedals: 9/16in (may vary from those pictured)
- Front Derailleurs: Shimano FD-A050
- Rear Derailleurs: Shimano RD-A050 7sp
- Shifters: Shimano SL-SY20A-7 StemShift (front/friction, rear/SIS index)
- Free Wheel / Cassette: Shimano Tourney 14/28 7sp
- Chain: KMC Z51
- Front / Rear Hubs: Formula Aluminum Alloy Road, 36h
- Spokes: 14G Stainless Steel
- Rims: Alloy w/ CNC Side
- Tires: Kenda Kwest, 700x28
- Brake Set: Alloy Single Pivot, Wide Reach
- Brake Levers: CS Road Aluminum
- Headset: 1in Dust Sealed Bearing
- Handlebars: Aluminum Alloy Road
- Tape / Grip: Custom Cork Wrap
- Stem: Dawes Road Aluminum Quill
- Saddle: Anatomical w/ Cro-Moly Rails
- Seat Post: Dawes Comp Micro Adjust Aluminum
- Seat Clamp: Ultralite Alloy, 31.8mm, Lazer Etched
- Colors: Hot Red, Silver Mist, WR Green
- Sizes: 42c, 46c, 50c, 54c, 58c