|Want more sizes? Need Help Buying the Perfect Bike? Call us 800-997-2858.
||FREE Shipping 48 States
After all images have loaded, click on any image to enlarge, or right click to open in new tab with magnifier.
There are so few choices when buying a high grade touring bike these days. It's a shame. When you do find one and look at the price... it's well over $1200.00. That's a shame also!
The Windsor Tourist is a bike you can do practically anything on, from riding cross country like one family did (see link below) to commuting back and forth to work or just a nice day out on your bike.
Windsor's product engineers designed this bike for comfortable loaded touring. The angles of the butted, cro-moly frame are relaxed for stability, the wheelbase is long, the clearances around the wheels sufficient for fat, sturdy tires and fenders. The wheels are especially strong, each built with 36, 14-gauge spokes laced into strong, double-wall aluminum rims with comfy riding Kenda Euro Trek long-distance tires on them. The drivetrain is a durable mix of Shimano's smooth shifting road & mountain components. It has a wide-range 27-speed Shimano Tiagra STI/Sora/Deore setup, gears for the Rockies (up and down) to the the desert.
And... Best of all, the Windsor Tourist comes with an aluminum touring rack ($50.00 Value). There are also braze-on spoke holders on the left side chain stay for you to carry extra spokes (you supply). You don't want to get caught out there with your bike loaded up with panniers (saddlebags) and break a spoke and be left high & dry.
Only from BikeShopWarehouse.com
- Main Frame: Windsor Custom Butted 4130 Cro-Moly, Double Water Bottle Mounts
- Rear Triangle: Windsor Custom Tapered Cro-Moly w/ Forged Dropout, Spare Spoke Holder (spares not included), Rack Mounts, 130mm Spacing
- Fork: Windsor Custom Tapered Cro-Moly, Front Rack Braze-ons (mounts)
- Crank Set: FSA Vero Triple 30/39/50 (170mm on 49c,54c, 175mm on 56c, 58c, 64c)
- Bottom Bracket: CH-52 68mm Cartridge
- Pedals: 9/16in Boron Axle, Aluminum Cages w/ Toeclips & Straps
- Front Derailleurs: Shimano Tiagra FD-4503 Triple w/28.6mm adapter
- Rear Derailleurs: Shimano Deore, 9sp
- Shifters: Shimano Sora, 9sp STI
- Free Wheel / Cassette: SRAM PG950 9sp, 11/32
- Chain: SRAM HG73 9sp
- Front / Rear Hubs: Windsor Sealed Alloy Road, 36H w/ QR
- Spokes: Stainless, 14g
- Rims: Double Wall Aluminum, 36H, 700 x 36 w/ CNC Sides
- Tires: Kenda Eurotrek, 700 x 32
- Brake Set: Tektro 992A Forged Alloy Cantilever
- Brake Levers: Shimano Sora, 9sp STI
- Headset: 1 1/8in Steel w/ Caged Bearings w/FSA Logo Hanger for Front & Rear Cantilevers
- Handlebars: Alloy Butted Road w/ Anatomical Drops, (420mm on 49c, 54c and 440mm on 56c, 58c, 64c)
- Tape / Grip: Windsor Custom Cork Wrap
- Stem: Windsor Superlight Road Aluminum, 100mm on 49c, 54c and 110mm on 56c, 58c, 64c)
- Saddle: Windsor Sport Crater Touring
- Seat Post: Superlite Micro Adjust alloy, 250mm, 27.2
- Seat Clamp: Windsor Ultralite Alloy, Lazer Etched
- Accessories: Aluminum Alloy Rear Rack w/ Stainless Steel Hardware
- Colors: Basic Black, OMG Orange
- Sizes: 49c, 54c, 56c, 58c, 64c
Two Grads and a Dad on Tour